link to this view 
 view catalogue record 

Caringbah was originally called Highfield. When the steam tram (right) between Cronulla and Sutherland began operation in 1911, the name was changed. The trams stopped running in 1932.

Viewing Instructions
Click and drag (or tap and drag) to move around. Zoom in/out using the scroll-wheel (or by pinching). Navigation can also be achieved though use of the arrow keys and shift and control on the keyboard, after clicking once on the image.